Feeling Empowered

"Too bad there is no on/off switch for how we feel, what is in our heart, and for what goes in our mind. I have been really miserable for sometimes now. I have handed in the worst final project of my life two weeks ago because I was simply incapable of focusing. The final grade that could have been +A will be +B if my prof shows some mercy on me.

But then what about my dreams. When did I stop dreaming or better yet when did I stop to put my 100% effort? What did really happen to that ambitious person?" from April 2009

I am back. I want to write again. I was going through old posts that never made it to publications and I came cross this one. I can't even remember what paper I was talking about but I know the feeling of needing to be empowered.

I haven't written here for god knows how long,  haven't exercise, or read a good book. I want to feel empowered again. I need to work on it again.  


Comments

radius said…
Hi Daisy, I know this feeling, that one is afraid of not fullfilling its own expectations.
Some people say we should learn to prioritize, refuse commitments which we dont see as important. Do the things, which you believe in, with all your energy, and skip the tasks which other people put on you.
Of the few ideas which to me (as a complete a-religious person) appear of eternal value from the old testament are the words of Ecclesiast (or King Solomon):
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.


best regards Michael

Popular Posts

Things that really matter

"Be a rainbow in someone’s cloud"

Happy Nowruz 1390!!!